Dates: June 13 – 18, 2021, July 5 – July 10, 2021
For players born in 2011 and 2012
This camp recognizes the need to put players of this age through a specialized program which meets their needs and demands.
- Players will receive 3 hours to 3 hours and 20 minutes of ice per day.
- Dryland training (age specific) will be used several times during the week.
- 1 1/4 hours daily will be used for power skating.
- 1 1/4 hours daily will be for skill development.
- The last 1 hour will be small area games and scrimaging.
- Parent(s) of players in this program are eligible for the Parent’s Program offered this week.
- 24 HOUR SUPERVISION
- Staff personnel live in the dormitory with the campers.
- All campers are housed in an air-conditioned dormitory near the ice arena.
- Meals served on campus 3 times daily.
- Recreational activities include swimming, basketball, floor hockey, etc.
- A camp bank is provided. It is not necessary for campers to carry any money.
Lunch is included in the tuition for all day campers. Each day is over after the completion of their last ice time.
Each participant must be equipped with a full set of approved hockey gear. Approved helmets, face masks and mouth guards are required.
VIDEO TAPE ANALYSIS
Each player will have the opportunity to see themselves video-taped during certain drills to help illustrate key teaching points.
1 – 1 1/2 hours a day will be devoted to power skating. Our program will emphasize using all your edges and is designed to make you understand the proper techniques of skating. Skating is the most important aspect in becoming a better hockey player.
Each day 1 to 2 hours will be devoted to the development and refinement of the basic fundamentals of hockey: stickhandling, puck protection, passing and shooting. Checking will be covered starting at the peewee level.
DRY LAND TRAINING
Will be utilized at all camps. The program used will vary depending on the age group.
Each group will have a daily lecture which will include the use of video tapes, instructional movies, chalk talks or a walk thru using our 150′ x 80′ recreational rink.
ALL PROGRAMS INCLUDE DAILY ICE TIME
Each student receives between 3 and 4 hours of ice time per day depending on the program and age of the student.
A ratio of 1 instructor to 7 students will be maintained at all times. If a camp has a lower ratio it is mentioned under its appropriate heading.
417 N Mercer Road
Bowling Green, OH 43402